American film and television actor (1928–2014)
James Garner (born James Scott Bumgarner; April 7, 1928 – July 19, 2014) was an American film and television actor and producer.
Tavis Smiley interview (2004)Edit
Tavis Smiley, Late Night on w:PBS - 2004-06-14, Interview: with Tavis Smiley - 2004-06-14 Retrieved on 2007-09-08.
- Anyway, you learn a healthy respect for war, and I'm not happy with what's going on today. Uh, you know, our sterling President--um, I shouldn't get into this. Everybody's gonna kill me, but I'm not happy with him. I--I--if he had ever been in a war, he wouldn't have been so happy...so eager to send other people into war.
- On George Bush and the Iraq War.
- Cause my wife gets up and goes shopping.
- Asked why he gets up and goes to work every day.
- Garner: Before we get off the electoral process, they wanted me to run for Governor [of California] about 8 years ago--ahem--and I didn't want to do it. I wasn't gonna get in with that--
Tavis Smiley: Now you wish you had.
Garner: No, no, no.
Tavis Smiley: Hey, Arnold [Schwarzenegger] won.
Garner: No. I think I could have won easy, but I don't think that they ought to have somebody like me or Schwarzenegger as Governor. It's no way to run a state.