James Elroy Flecker
- When the great markets by the sea shut fast
All that calm Sunday that goes on and on:
When even lovers find their peace at last,
And Earth is but a star, that once had shone.
- The Golden Journey to Samarkand (l. 7)
- And some to Meccah turn to pray, and I toward thy bed, Yasmin.
- Hassan, in Hassan, act 1, sc. 2 (1922)
- I have seen old ships sail like swans asleep.
- The Old Ships (l. 1)
- But have you wine and music still,
And statues and a bright-eyed love,
And foolish thoughts of good and ill,
And prayers to them who sit above?
- To a Poet a Thousand Years Hence (l. 9-12)