1985 film by Richard Marquand
When a murder case is this shocking, which do you trust…your emotions or the evidence? (taglines)
- The guy had a criminal record as long as my dick.
- Sam Ransom: [last line, of Jack Forrester] Fuck him, he was trash.
- Teddy Barnes: Did your mother ever wash your mouth out with soap and water?
- Sam Ransom: Yeah, but it didn't do any fucking good.
- Thomas Krasny: He told you, didn't he? He told you! What did he do? Did he phone you? Send you anonymous notes?
- Teddy Barnes: You'll stop at nothing, won't you? Anyone could've sent those notes; everyone knew—the police in Santa Cruz knew, people in your office knew!
- Thomas Krasny: Bullshit! Don't you understand what he did? He did the identical crime eighteen months before he murdered his wife! He knew it would get him off the hook! He knew Bobby Slade was seeing his wife! That's why he did the first crime in Santa Cruz! He threw us Bobby Slade as a suspect! He picked that woman very carefully! He knew she played tennis with Slade! He planned this for eighteen months! He is not a psychopath! He is an iceman. He is a monster.
- When a murder case is this shocking, which do you trust…your emotions or the evidence?
- There are two sides of this mystery. Murder…And Passion.