Danish-born Scottish chess grandmaster
- The choice of moves should not be made on an exact verdict of the final position, but on whether or not your position has improved or worsened.
- As quoted in his Excelling at Positional Chess (2003), p. 19.
- Whenever we see an unprotected piece we must keep our eyes peeled because this is one of the most important ingredients of a combination.
- As quoted in his Excelling at Positional Chess (2003), p. 159.
- We always say, one day we will laugh at this. I always try to make sure that this one day is today…