The Jackson 5 (sometimes stylized as the Jackson 5ive, later known as the Jacksons) are an American pop band composed of members of the Jackson family. The group was founded in 1964 in Gary, Indiana, by Joe Jackson, as well as by brothers Jackie, Tito, and Jermaine, with younger brothers Marlon and Michael joining soon after.
The Jackson 5 performed in talent shows and clubs on the Chitlin' Circuit, then signed with Steeltown Records in 1967 and released two singles. In 1968, they left Steeltown Records and signed with Motown, where they were the first group to debut with four consecutive number one hits on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. The group left Motown for Epic Records in early 1976, with the exception of Jermaine, who was replaced by youngest brother Randy.
As Jackson 5Edit
- When we played tag in grade school,
You wanted to be it.
But chasing boys was just a fad
You crossed your heart you'd quit.
Third Album (1970)Edit
- You and I must make a pact
We must bring salvation back
Where there is love, I'll be there (I’ll be there)
I'll reach out my hand to you
I'll have faith in all you do
Just call my name and I'll be there (I’ll be there)
Maybe Tomorrow (1971)Edit
- Even though the pain and heartache
seems to follow me wherever I go,
Though I try and try to hide my feelings,
they always seems to show.
Dancing Machine (1974)Edit
- Automatic Systematic.
Full of color self-contained.
Tuned and gentle to your vibes.
- You’re the one
I’ve been searchin’ for
Like a special treat,
in a candy store.
- Love Comes In Different Flavors, song by The Corporation: Berry Gordy, Freddie Perren, Alphonzo Mizell, and Deke Richards (ca. 1969–1972)
As The JacksonsEdit
The Jacksons (1976)Edit
- That we can help each other to overcome.
We can do it, we can do it now.
Live together underneath the sun.
Please, please, please just let me show ya
- This magic music grooves me.
That dirty rhythm moves me.
The devil's gotten to me
Through this dance.
- People all over the world
Are the same everywhere I go,
I give in to this, I give in to that,
Every day it bothers me so,
Am I in a bad situation,
People taking me to the extreme,
Am I being used? I just need a clue,
I don't know which way to go.
- I don't know what's gonna happen to you, baby,
But I do know that I love you,
You walk around this town with your head all up in the sky,
And I do know that I want you.
- Let's dance, let's shout!
Shake your body down to the ground.
- I try to do what's right for me,
But no-one sees the way I see,
And then I try to please them so,
But how far can this pleasing go?
- Sometimes I cry cause I'm confused,
Is this a fact of being used?
There is no life for me at all,
'Cause I give myself at beck and call.
- All the colors of the world should be,
Lovin' each other wholeheartedly.
Yes, it's all right.
Take my message to your brother and tell him twice
Spread the word and try to teach the man
Who's hating his brother when hate won't do,
When we're all the same,
'Cause the blood inside me is inside of you.
- Can You Feel It, song by Jackie Jackson and Michael Jackson of The Jacksons (1980)
- As we walked into the room
There were faces staring, glaring, tearing through me,
Someone said, 'Welcome to your doom,'
Then they smiled with eyes that looked as if they knew me,
This is scaring me.
2300 Jackson Street (1989)Edit
- Memories of growing up
And working hard
Our childhood passed us by
- 2300 Jackson Street, song by The Jacksons, Teddy Riley, et al. (1988)