- Translation: Why have the majority of overseas Internet companies failed? Google fails, Yahoo failed, eBay and the like were all squashed to death by the locals? Is it because none are able to succeed in China? For every loser, excuses are abound, humans always try to search for excuses to justify failing, and tend not to search for direction towards success.
- Translation: In the future, China is the place where the rules of games will be set for the next century...because people from all over the world will be there, therefore doing business in China now is not equivalent to making fortune, is not searching for opportunity, is about to be involved in the setting up of future rules of game.
- Young people will have the seeds you bury in their minds and when they grow up they will change the world.
- "5 Life Lessons From Alibaba Founder Jack Ma", Time (Sept. 23, 2014)
- The problem is the fake products today are of better quality and better price than the real names ... They are exactly the same factories, exactly the same raw materials but they do not use the names.
- Responding to the accusation that Alibaba sells fake merchandise. "Jack Ma Says Fakes 'Better Quality and Better Price Than the Real Names'”, CHINA REAL TIME REPORT, The Wall Street Journal (June 15, 2016)
- In 2001, we went to raise some $3 million in venture capital in the U.S. and got rejected. So we’ve come back and raised a little bit more: $25 billion. This is not money; this is trust from the world, trust from the people.
- Charlie Rose Talks to Alibaba's Jack Ma, Bloomberg
- When you have one billion dollars, that's not your money. That's the trust the society gives [to] you.
- Interview by Charlie Rose of Bloomberg - video: 1 minute 53 seconds into the video