Brazilian politician (1917-1992)
Jânio Quadros (January 25, 1917 – February 16, 1992) was a Brazilian politician who was President of Brazil in 1961.
"One Man's Cup of Coffee," Time Magazine profile (June 30, 1961)Edit
See here for the complete article. The writer of the article is unnamed.
- Unless we make revolutionary reforms, some day — in some unknown serra — some unknown Fidel Castro will rise up in Brazil.
- To his cabinet
- Lincoln was one of history's greatest men, but Americans are not like him. He was a lonely exception.
- How can the reality of 600 million Chinese be ignored?
- About withdrawing diplomatic recognition of Taiwan in favor of the People's Republic of China
- From a distance I became more convinced than ever that Almighty God destined us to become a great people.
- Your place is here, in my heart.
- To an old friend who demanded a place in his cabinet