It's the Easter Beagle, Charlie Brown
1974 television special directed by Phil Roman
It's the Easter Beagle, Charlie Brown is the 12th prime-time animated TV special based on the comic strip Peanuts by Charles M. Schultz. In the United States, it debuted on CBS on April 9, 1974 at 8 PM. Thereafter, CBS aired it each Easter season from 1974 to 2000. ABC repeated the special in some years during the period 2001 through 2014.
- Peppermint Patty: Now look, kid: these eggs are not to be fried. Nor are they to be roasted, toasted, or waffled.
- Marcie: Yes, sir.
- Peppermint Patty: These eggs got to be boiled. You boil them, then I'll show you how to paint them.
- Marcie: Yes, sir. I'll boil them, sir. Then you'll paint them.
- Peppermint Patty: [whistles] When the water comes to a boil, let me know. Put the eggs in now.
- Marcie: Okay, sir. In they go. (cracks eggs into a pot) Okay, sir. All the eggs are in.
- Peppermint: Good, Marcie. Let 'em boil a good long time and then I'll show you how to paint 'em.
- [The water boils]
- Marcie: They look done, sir. Wanna look at 'em?
- Peppermint Patty: Okay, Marcie, let me look. That's funny. [sniffs] It smells like soup. [looks at the eggs that boil] Oh! [turns red with anger] MARCIE! You made egg soup!? AAUGH!!
- Linus van Pelt: Every Easter the Easter Beagle comes dancing along with his basket full of eggs, which he hands out to all the good little children.
- Sally Brown: That sounds faintly familiar. I remember sitting out in a stupid pumpkin patch all night waiting for The Great Pumpkin to come. And you know something ? He never came! That was the worst night of my life.
- Linus van Pelt: But this is different. That was Halloween. This is Easter.
- Todd Barbee – Charlie Brown
- Melanie Kohn – Lucy van Pelt
- Stephen Shea – Linus van Pelt
- Greg Felton – Schroeder
- Linda Ercoli – Peppermint Patty
- Lynn Mortensen – Sally Brown
- Jimmy Ahrens – Marcie
- Bill Melendez – Snoopy/Woodstock
- It's the Easter Beagle, Charlie Brown quotes at the Internet Movie Database