It's the Easter Beagle, Charlie Brown
It's the Easter Beagle, Charlie Brown is the 12th prime-time animated TV special based on the comic strip Peanuts by Charles M. Schultz. In the United States, it debuted on CBS on April 9, 1974 at 8 PM. Thereafter, CBS aired it each Easter season from 1974 to 2000. ABC repeated the special in some years during the period 2001 through 2014.
- Marcie: What do we do with the Easter eggs now that we have them, sir?
- Peppermint Patty: We eat them. We put a little salt on them, and we eat them.
- Marcie: [eats her egg, still with the shell on, and gulps down] Tastes terrible, sir!
- Peppermint Patty: Now look, kid: these eggs are *not* to be fried. Nor are they to be roasted, toasted, or waffled.
- Marcie: Yes, sir.
- Peppermint Patty: These eggs got to be boiled. You boil them, then I'll show you how to paint them.
- Marcie: Yes, sir. I'll boil them, sir. Then you'll paint them.
- Sally: It's Easter, and they already have the Christmas decorations up.
- Charlie Brown: Good grief.
- Linus: I can't believe it.
- Lucy: I told you. It's the *gift* getting season.