Isaac Herzog (Hebrew: יצחק "בוז׳י" הרצוג; born 22 September 1960) is an Israeli politician serving as the 11th president of Israel since 7 July 2021. The son of former Israeli president Chaim Herzog, he is a lawyer by profession and served as the Government Secretary from 1999 and 2001. He was a member of the Knesset from 2003 to 2018. He held several ministerial posts between 2005 and 2011, including serving as Minister of Welfare and Social Services from 2007 to 2011 under prime ministers Ehud Olmert and Benjamin Netanyahu.
- My mission, the mission of my term, is to do everything in order to rebuild hope.
- Isaac Herzog (2021) cited in "Israel swears in Isaac Herzog as 11th president" on Aljazeera, 7 July 2021.
- The historic connection of Jews to Hebron, to the tomb of the patriarch, to the heritage of the patriarchs and matriarchs is unquestionable. Recognition of this connection must be beyond all controversy.
- Isaac Herzog (2021) cited in "Lighting candle at Hebron shrine, Herzog says Jewish connection is 'unquestionable'" on The Times of Israel, 28 November 2021.
- Israel will welcome a comprehensive, diplomatic solution which permanently solves the Iranian nuclear threat. In the case of a failure to achieve such a solution, Israel is keeping all options on the table and it must be said that if the international community does not take a vigorous stance on this issue — Israel will do so. Israel will protect itself.
- Isaac Herzog (2021) cited in "Israel will protect itself against Iran if world won't, Herzog warns new US envoy" on The Times of Israel, 5 December 2021.
- We have to continue dreaming of peace.
- Isaac Herzog (2021) cited in "On 'Gassing the Arabs' and other diseases: Is Israel a 'Sick Society'?" on Middle East Monitor, 6 December 2021.
- Indeed, we both (Israel and Bahrain) want, above all, regional peace and mutual prosperity.
- Isaac Herzog (2021) cited in "Herzog wishes Bahrain's king happy national day" on The Jerusalem Post, 16 December 2021.
- May you (Eytan Stibbe) influence the whole of humanity for another hundred years. May you continue to bring all of us, your nation, your country, and your family, great pride. Fly in peace and return in peace. Look after yourself.
- Isaac Herzog (2021) cited in "President gives astronaut a prayer for Israel to take to space" on The Times of Israel, 16 December 2021.
- I think that it is very important to protect our Israeli and Jewish identity. It's not simple. We live in a very diverse world, but part of a person's ability to develop is having an identity that you believe in and belong to.
- Isaac Herzog (2021) cited in "Israel’s president to Palo Alto students: Check out Hebrew TikTok" on The Jewish News of Northern California, 20 December 2021.
- Glass ceilings are being smashed every day in Israel, and I'm proud that during my time in the President's Residence, another one is being broken by a worthy and promising officer.
- Isaac Herzog (2021) cited in "Israeli president’s pick for military secretary makes history" on Jewish News Syndicate, 21 December 2021.
- The Iranian nuclear threat must be neutralized once and for all, with or without an agreement. Iran must not be allowed to acquire nuclear weapons capabilities.
- Isaac Herzog (2021) cited in "Iran must be stopped from obtaining a nuclear bomb, with or without deal - Herzog" on The Jerusalem Post, 22 December 2021.