Iron Chef is a television series, originating in Japan, in which two chefs have one hour to prepare several dishes, each incorporating the "secret ingredient" chosen for the "battle." In the United States, the show, dubbed into English, airs on Food Network.
|This TV article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Kaga (dubbed by Duncan Hamilton): If my memory serves me correctly ...
- Kaga (subtitled / dubbed by Kent Frick): If memory serves me right ...
- Kaga: Kyo no tema wa, kore des! (subtitle: We unveil the ingredient!)
- Kaga: Kyo no tema wa ... (subtitle: Today's theme ingredient ...)
- Kenji Fukui: We are set -- let's get it on!
- Kaga: Allez Cuisine!
- Kenji Fukui: Bang a gong, we are on!
- Kenji Fukui: And our commentator, Doctor Yukio Hattori.
- Dr. Yukio Hattori: Always a pleasure.
- Shinichiro Ohta: Fukui-san! (preceding a comment from the floor)
- Kenji Fukui: FLAME-OLAAH!
- Kenji Fukui: And that's it! The [ingredient] battle is O-VAH!
- Kenji Fukui: Who takes it? Whose cuisine reigns supreme?
- Kenji Fukui: Five years ago [or Nearly a decade ago], a man's fantasy became a reality in a forum never seen before: Kitchen Stadium, a giant cooking arena. The motivation for spending his fortune to create Kitchen Stadium was to encounter new original cuisines which could be called true artistic creations. To realize his dream, he secretly started choosing the top chefs of various styles of cooking, and he named his men the Iron Chefs: the invincible men of culinary skills. Iron Chef Japanese is Rokusabaru Michiba/Komei Nakamura/Masaharu Morimoto. Iron Chef French is Hiroyuki Sakai. Iron Chef Chinese is Chen Kenichi. And Masahiko Kobe is Iron Chef Italian. Kitchen Stadium is the arena where Iron Chefs await the challenges of master chefs from around the world. Both the Iron Chef and challenger have one hour to tackle the theme ingredient of the day. Using all their senses, skill, creativity, they are to prepare artistic dishes never tasted before. And if ever a challenger wins over the Iron Chef, he or she will gain the people's ovation and fame forever. Every battle, reputations are on the line in Kitchen Stadium, where master chefs pit their artistic creations against each other. What inspiration does today's challenger bring? And how will the Iron Chef fight back? The heat will be on!
- Brillat-Savarin: Tell me what you eat and I'll tell you what you are.
- Quote shown on screen at the beginning of each show
- Kenji Fukui: And now the moment of truth...tasting and judgement. Sitting on today's panel are...