state of the United States of America
Iowa is a state in the Midwestern United States, bordered by the Mississippi River to the east and the Missouri River and Big Sioux River to the west. It is bordered by six states; Wisconsin to the northeast, Illinois to the east, Missouri to the south, Nebraska to the west, South Dakota to the northwest, and Minnesota to the north.
|This geography-related article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Iowa and Minnesota play for a pig, a statuette rendition of the actual brother of a porcine star of a Will Rogers movie. I would like to remind you that this is, on balance, a marvelous nation.
- Chuck Culpepper, "JUST FOLLOW THE BOUNCING BALL TO PASADENA", (16 November 2001), The Oregonian
- IOWA: Her affections like the rivers of her borders, flow to an unseparable union.
- Enoch W. Eastman, as quoted in Iowa Authors and Their Works, p. ii, Des Moines 1918.
- In all that is Good, Iowa affords the best.
- Sidney Austin Foster (one-time editor of The Osage News), as quoted in Iowa Authors and Their Works, p. ii, Des Moines 1918.
- Encyclopedic article on Iowa on Wikipedia