Swedish actress (1915-1982)
Ingrid Bergman (August 29, 1915 – August 29, 1982) was a three-time Academy Award-winning, two-time Emmy Award-winning, and Tony Award-winning Swedish actress.
- It's not whether you really cry. It's whether the audience thinks you are crying.
- Halliwell's Filmgoer's and Video Viewer's Companion
- A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous.
- "Webster's Electronic Quotebase," ed. Keith Mohler, 1994
- "An Uncommon Scold," by Abby Adams, 1989
- I've never sought success in order to get fame and money; it's the talent and the passion that count in success.
- "The Last Word - A Treasury of Women's Quotes," by Carolyn Warner, 1992
- I have no regrets. I wouldn't have lived my life the way I did if I was going to worry about what people were going to say.
- "An Uncommon Scold," by Abby Adams, 1989.
- I think my life has been wonderful. I have done what I felt like. I was given courage and I was given adventure and that has carried me along. And then also a sense of humor and a little bit of common sense. It has been a very rich life.
- 2007: Movie Icons, ISBN 9783822822081 , page 174 , Verlag Taschen GmbH
|This Actor article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|