Indianapolis, founded in 1821, is the capital and most populous city of the U.S. state of Indiana, and also the county seat of Marion County. It is the 12th largest city in the United States and the 29th largest metropolitan area in the United States.
|This Geography related article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Can't go west, can't go east
I'm stuck in Indianapolis
With a fuel pump that's deceased
Ten days on the road now
I'm four hours from my home town
Is this Hell or Indianapolis
With no way to get around?
- "Indianapolis, Indiana," said Constant, "is the first place in the United States of America where a white man was hanged for the murder of an Indian. The kind of people who'll hang a white man for murdering an Indian," said Constant, "that's the kind of people for me."
- I myself grew up in Indianapolis, Indiana, where common speech sounds like a band saw cutting galvanized tin, and employs a vocabulary as un-ornamental as a monkey wrench... I trust my writing most and others seem to trust it most when I sound most like a person from Indianapolis, which is what I am.
- All my jokes are Indianapolis. All my attitudes are Indianapolis. My adenoids are Indianapolis. If I ever severed myself from Indianapolis, I would be out of business. What people like about me is Indianapolis.
- Were you aware, though, that race fans sometimes have something to drink at the race? They want to come up and lick me. I’m not saying anything negative about Indianapolis or the race fans there, because I am one of them.