I Lost My Body
I Lost My Body is a 2019 French animated drama fantasy film directed by Jérémy Clapin. It premiered in the International Critics' Week section at the 2019 Cannes Film Festival, where it won the Nespresso Grand Prize, becoming the first animated film to do so in the section's history. The film was nominated for Best Animated Feature Film at the 92nd Academy Awards, losing to Toy Story 4.
- Directed by Jérémy Clapin. Produced by Marc du Pontavice. Screenplay by Jérémy Clapin and Guillaume Laurant. Based on Happy Hand by Guillaume Laurant.
- That it must be peaceful to be cut off from the world like that. To see nothing... hear nothing...
- The Father: I never said it was easy. You can't win every time. That's life.
- Gabrielle: Once you've dribbled past fate, what do you do?
- Naoufel: You try to keep away from it. You run blindly... and keep your fingers crossed.
- Naoufel: Do you believe in fate? No, seriously.
- Gabrielle: That everything is written in advance? That we follow a trajectory?
- Naoufel: Yeah.
- Gabrielle: And that we can't change anything?
- Naoufel: We think that we can, but we can't. It's an illusion. Unless we do... Something completely unpredictable and irrational. It's the only way to conjure the spell for good.
- Gabrielle: You should switch jobs, delivery is just not your thing, y'know.
- Naoufel: I know. My boss keeps telling me that.
- Hakim Faris as Naoufel.
- Alphonse Arfi as Young Naoufel.
- Victoire Du Bois as Gabrielle.
- Patrick d'Assumçao as Gigi.
- Hichem Mesbah as The Father.
- Myriam Loucif as The Mother.
- Bellamine Abdelmalek as Raouf.
- Nicole Favart as Mrs. Lussac.
- Céline Ronté as Baby's Mother.