I Know What You Did Last Summer
I Know What You Did Last Summer is a 1997 horror/slasher film starring Jennifer Love Hewitt, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Ryan Phillippe and Freddie Prinze, Jr. The film was followed by two sequels, I Still Know What You Did Last Summer and the straight-to-DVD release I'll Always Know What You Did Last Summer.
- We should have a plan. Angela Lansbury always had a plan.
- Well, Bob. At summer's end, I plan on moving to New York where I'll pursue a career as a serious actress. It's my goal to entertain the world through artistic expression. Through art, I shall serve my country.
- Come sit in the back. I'll let you do things to me.
- Listen, you little shit-stick-mayberry-ass reject. There's been a murder, and you are going to fry in hell if you ignore it!
- Is the dried-out, washed-up has-been having a moment?
- I never knew her breasts were so... ample.
- Ray: What can I do for you, Max?
- Max: You can wipe that my-shit-don't-stink grin off your face.
- Sheriff: Oh, and did this killer use his hook to cut all your hair off?
- Helen: No. He used scissors, asshole.
- Helen: By that time I'll just be finishing my two year contract with Guiding Light, coinciding with your first year as starting quarterback for the Steelers.
- Barry: Cowboys.
- Helen: Whatever. Then we can elope to Europe, or the Caymans. Wherever, where I'll let you impregnate me with the first of 3 children before you head off to rehab. Then we can live happily, blah blah blah.
- Julie: Barry, stop!
- Barry: No! Wake up, Julie. He's behind all this! How many fucked up fishermen are out there?
- Ray: Look, he's after me too! I got a letter.
- Barry: Oh, you got a letter? I got run over! Helen gets her hair chopped off, Julie gets a body in her trunk, and you got a letter? That's balanced!
- Julie: We need help.
- Barry: I'll say. You two should check out a mirror sometime. You look like shit run over twice.
- Barry: I know what you did last summer?
- Barry: Ooooooh! What a crock of shit.
- [the killer threatens Julie with his ice hook]
- Ben: Happy 4th of July, Julie!
- Julie: [terrified] Please, it was an accident!
- Ben: I know all about the accidents, and let me give you some advice: When you leave a man for dead, make sure he's REALLY dead!
- Ben: You in some kind of trouble, child?
- Julie: Yes, yeah. I'm in a lot of trouble.
- Ben: That's a shame, being that it's the 4th of July and all. Kids like you should be out having fun. Drinking, partying, running people over, getting away with murder... things like that.
- Julie: Helen, we killed a man and ruined the lives of everyone he knew.
- Helen: I don't think we were that powerful, Julie. You're giving us way too much credit.
- Barry: How do you know this is even related? You did a lot of things last summer.
- Julie: Yeah. Well, only one murder comes to mind.
- Barry: [gets really furious] YOU SHUT THE HELL UP!!!!
- Ray: Julie, what are you doing here?
- Julie: We didn't kill David Egan. It was someone else on the road that night.
- Ray: What are you talking about?
- Julie: I think it was Susie's father, Ben Willis. He's a fisherman.
- Ray: But they found David's body in the water.
- Julie: Yeah, I know, but I think Ben Willis killed David Egan!
- Ray: Wait a second. You think this Willis guy killed David, then we killed him?
- Julie: Yeah, but what if he didn't die, Ray? What if he's still alive?
- Ray: This is crazy. Come aboard. Come inside.
- He's got a hook on them...
- Welcome to South Port, the perfect small town. But beneath the surface, there are secrets that just won't stay buried.
- If you're going to bury the truth, make sure it stays buried.
- Someone knows their secret, someone knows they're scared, and someone knows what they did last summer.
- Someone's got a hook to wield...
- This secret is about to kill them all!