line of smartphones designed and marketed by Apple Inc.
- Every once in a while a revolutionary product comes along that changes everything. It's very fortunate if you can work on just one of these in your career. … Apple's been very fortunate in that it's introduced a few of these.
- Steve Jobs, announcing the introduction of the iPhone, as quoted in "Apple unveils cell phone" Apple TV", in AP report at MSNBC (9 January 2007).
- Anyone privy to the release of the iPhone is going to hold on to their current device as long as they possibly can, all but Scotch taping their devices together so that they can crawl over the finish line and into the loving arms of a shiny new iPhone. (Oh, you know the box is gonna be sexy.)
- I think there's almost a belligerence - people are frustrated with their manufactured environment. We tend to assume the problem is with us, and not with the products we're trying to use. In other words, when our tools are broken, we feel broken. And when somebody fixes one, we feel a tiny bit more whole."
- Jonathan Ive, speaking about the iPhone upon its introduction, in "TIME Magazine" (January 2007).
- Yeah, you'll be the coolest person in the room when you pull one out and show it around, but that gets old fast when three other people have them and one person somehow has one that glows in the dark.
- If there is something good in the world then we copy with pride.
- Anssi Vanjoki, Executive Vice President and General Manager of Multimedia at Nokia in "Nokia's iPhone — no, seriously" (29 August 2007).
- We consider that Apple copied the Prada phone after the design was unveiled when it was presented in the iF Design Award and won the prize in September 2006. We take that to mean Apple stole our idea.
- Woo-Young Kwak, head of LG Mobile Handset R&D Center
- Apple iPhone website — Official Webpage from Apple