Don't worry about people stealing an idea. If it's original, you will have to ram it down their throats.
Howard Hathaway Aiken was a pioneer in computing, being the primary engineer behind IBM's Harvard Mark I computer.
- The desire to economize time and mental effort in arithmetical computations, and to eliminate human liability to error is probably as old as the science of arithmetic itself.
- "Proposed Automatic Calculating Machine" (1937)
- Don't worry about people stealing an idea. If it's original, you will have to ram it down their throats.
- As quoted in Portraits in Silicon (1987) by Robert Slater
- Variant: Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
- As quoted in A Computer Science Reader : Selections from Abacus (1988) by Eric A. Weiss, p. 404