Hotline Miami is a 2012 2D top down action video game developed by Dennaton Games and published by Devolver Digital. The player controls Jacket, who is hired by the organization Fifty Blessings and coerced with strange phone calls into killing Russian Mafia members due to Fifty Blessings anti-Russian idealism. The game takes place in Miami, Florida during the late 1980s in a psychedelic haze. Jacket wears animal masks to disguise himself when infiltrating and eliminating the Russian Mafia's hideouts, each one granting him different special abilities. The game developers stated that the game was heavily influenced by movies such as Drive and the documentary Cocaine Cowboys.
- Look at my face. We've met before...
- Do you like hurting other people?
- Who is leaving messages on your answering machine?
- Where are you right now?
- Why are we having this conversation?
- I don't know you!
- Why are you here?
- You're no guest of mine!
- Why did you come back here?
- You're not a nice person, are you?
- You make me sick!
- I told you not to come back here!
- I see that my opinion of you doesn't matter...
- If you insist on returning here, then i should leave!
- As of lately you've done some terrible things...
- And who do we have here?
- Oh, you don't know who you are...?
- Maybe we should leave it that way?
- Oh? It's you again...
- It looks like you've been busy since we last met.
- A picture is starting to take form here...
- I wonder if it's accurate.
- Some pieces don't quite seem to fit.
- Or maybe i just don't like the way it looks.
- So you came back?
- How are you feeling?
- You look ill... Maybe you should see a doctor?
- If you're not feeling well, maybe you should rest?
- Some things turn out best when you don't try so hard.
- No matter who you are, bearing too much weight... Inevitably leads to the collapse of everything.
- You don't look well, sir. Are you alright?
- Oh, you don't need to order, your pizzas already done.
- It's like its from a movie or something, right?
- So, out for a midnight snack, huh?
- Sounds like a scene straight from a slasher flick, heh!
- Oh, don't worry about it. It's on the house...
- Why don't you finish what you've started?
- I want out! And you're gonna tell me how!
- Get out of here if you don't want to die!
- You're dead meat...
- This... This can't be happening...
- You had your chance.
- I looked through your computer upstairs.
- What do you want?...
- Well, let's get this over with then...
- How the hell did you figure that out?
- Wake up, man. Don't you see that this is a country at war?
- So why don't we get this over with?
- And who do we have here? ...
- Now I want to see who is behind that mask!