Honeymoon in Vegas
1992 film by Andrew Bergman
Honeymoon in Vegas is a 1992 comedy film about a couple who finally decides to tie the knot in Vegas, but a wealthy gambler arranges for the man to lose $65K in a poker game and offers to clear the debt for a weekend with his fiancée. Suddenly the man is insanely jealous, and pursues his fiancée and her rich companion, but finds pitfalls in his path as the gambler tries to delay his interference.
- Directed and written by Andrew Bergman.
A comedy about one bride, two grooms, and 34 flying Elvises.Taglines
- People get married and then they do the most hideous, unbelievable things to each other.
- We're the Flying Elvises. Utah chapter.
- Jack Singer: I dreamt about my mother again last night.
- Betsy: Was she vacuuming naked?
- Jack Singer: No. She opened her eyes and I said, 'Mom, I'm gonna marry that girl,' and she smiled.
- Betsy: Really?
- Jack Singer: Yeah. Of course she was naked.
- Jack Singer: Do you know what a straight flush is? It's like... unbeatable.
- Betsy: "Like unbeatable" is not unbeatable.
- Jack Singer: Hey, I know that now, okay.
- Mahi Mahi: My name Mahi. Mahi Mahi.
- Jack Singer: Like the fish?
- Mahi Mahi: Yeah. My father was a fisherman.
- Jack Singer: My father left home when I was 5. That's why I'm named Jack, as in, "Jack tell your mother I'm just going out to get the paper."
- Ticket agent: Please, sir, if you don't get back in line...
- Jack Singer: Then, what? I'll be arrested? Put in airport jail?!
- Mahi Mahi: Chief Orman have pretty big influence around here.
- Jack Singer: Influence? He lives in a SHACK!
- Jack Singer: Betsy, hi, so what's the story?
- Betsy: I have to pack.
- Jack Singer: We can leave! What did you work out?
- Betsy: Um, he's taking me to Hawaii. It's only for a few days.
- Jack Singer: Come on. You're so like blithe about this all of a sudden, like you don't give a damn.
- Betsy: Of course I give a damn but this was not my idea okay, Jack? Poker was not my idea.
- Jack Singer: Would you please stop crucifying me with this?
- Betsy: Where's my bag?
- Jack Singer: He's going to jump all over you the second he gets there.
- Betsy: I won't let him. Oh please, Jack, give me a little credit.
- Jack Singer: He'll overcome you. What happens if you start screaming? It's like a jungle over there. He probably has servants and bodyguards and believe me they will drug you.
- Betsy: His son is going to be there, Jack. His granddaughter Tiffany will be there.
- Jack Singer: She knows the kid's name already. Listen, you'll be back Monday?
- Betsy: I don't know. Probably Tuesday or Wednesday.
- Jack Singer: Tuesday or Wednesday? That's almost a week!
- Betsy: What, you expect us to fly back and forth to Hawaii in 2 days?
- Jack Singer: Us? Already it's us.
- Betsy: Oh don't be infantile. I'm trying to make the best of this.
- A comedy about one bride, two grooms, and 34 flying Elvises.
- A comedy about one bride, two grooms, and a wedding party you won't believe.
- It's a love that's All Shook Up!
- James Caan - Tommy Korman
- Nicolas Cage - Jack Singer
- Sarah Jessica Parker - Betsy/Donna
- Peter Boyle - Chief Orman
- Seymour Cassel - Tony Cataracts
- Pat Morita - Mahi Mahi
- Johnny Williams - Johnny Sandwich
- John Capodice - Sally Molars
- Robert Costanzo - Sidney Tomashefsky
- Anne Bancroft - Bea Singer
- Tony Shalhoub - Buddy Walker
- Burton Gilliam - Roy Bacon
- Bruno Mars - Little Elvis
- Honeymoon in Vegas quotes at the Internet Movie Database
- Honeymoon in Vegas at Rotten Tomatoes