Home for the Holidays
Home for the Holidays is a 1995 film directed by Jodie Foster. After losing her job, single mom Claudia Larson visits her parents for Thanksgiving. The annual family meeting spins out of control when Claudia's two younger siblings, Tommy and Joanne, come as well and their old differences emerge again. The film stars Holly Hunter in the role of Claudia Larson, Anne Bancroft as her mother Adele, Robert Downey Jr. as her brother Tommy, and Cynthia Stevenson as her sister Joanne. Other notable roles are Geraldine Chaplin as Aunt Gladys, Charles Durning as father Henry, and Claire Danes, as Claudia's daughter Kitt.
- I'm giving thanks that we don't have to go through this for another year. Except we do, because those bastards went and put Christmas right in the middle, just to punish us.
- Come on. Where is everybody? People are starving in the former Yugoslavia.
- [answers the phone] Hello... who?... I never heard of him, consult your directory. [hangs up]
- Henry! A car full of Larsons almost died there!
- Into the house! Everyone! Before we're in the evening news!
- Well, that was absurd. Let's eat dead bird!
- Claudia Larson: You don't know the first thing about me.
- Joanne Larson Wedman: Likewise, I'm sure. If I just met you on the street... if you gave me your phone number... I'd throw it away.
- Claudia Larson: Well, we don't have to like each other, Jo. We're family.
- Joanne Larson: You're calling me a freak?
- Tommy Larson: No, I'm calling you a product of baboon lovin'. There's a distinction.