Highlander: Endgame is a 2000 film in which Immortals Connor and Duncan Macleod must join forces against Kell, an evil immortal who has become too strong for anyone to face alone.
It will take two immortals to defeat the ultimate evil. But in the end, there can be only one. taglines
- Directed by Douglas Aarniokoski. Written by Joel Soisson.
- [During Duncan's wedding with Kate.]
- Connor: You know Kate is like us, immortal?
- Duncan: Aye, I sensed something the day we met, but I wasn't sure.
- Connor: Well now you know, and you also know as well as I do that her immortality can only be triggered by the shock of a violent death.
- Duncan: Yes, I do. Without such a death, she will simply grow old and die. Yes, I know Connor. Is that what you came to tell me on my wedding day? Come on, drink up man!
- Connor: No, I was wondering, does she know?
- Duncan: Why?
- Connor: Many years after I was married, one night, I found Heather in front of the house. She had a knife in one hand, and her hair in the other. When I asked her why she had done such a thing to herself, she said it was the one part of her that would never age. It would remain the same as when I first fell in love with her. That's how she wanted me to remember her.
- Duncan: Why are you telling me this?
- Connor: Because I once loved a woman, more than life itself...and I watched her die. Unlike me, you have a choice.
- Duncan: What would you have me tell her?
- Connor: I'd tell her nothing. She wouldn't believe you anyway.
- Duncan: Then I can do nothing!
- Connor: She's in the flare of her youth. Enjoy the moment, and let it pass!
- Duncan: And if it were you in my place?
- Connor: I was in your place! But I thank god I never had the choice.
- Duncan: I love Kate, and I will hold on to her as long as I can, and that is all I can do!
- [Duncan storms off.]
- It will take two immortals to defeat the ultimate evil. But in the end, there can be only one.
- For centuries, we've been told there can be only one.
- But it's another time. And a Supernatural enemy has grown too strong for any immortal to face alone.
- So two brothers are about to join forces. Together, they're our last chance to stop the ultimate evil.
- The last chance. The ultimate evil. The final battle.
- What has always been a fight for one now becomes a battle two must face together.