2000 fantasy film, fourth in the Highlander series directed by Douglas Aarniokoski
- Directed by Douglas Aarniokoski. Written by Joel Soisson.
It will take two immortals to defeat the ultimate evil. But in the end, there can be only one. taglines
- [During Duncan's wedding with Kate.]
- Connor: You know Kate is like us, immortal?
- Duncan: Aye, I sensed something the day we met, but I wasn't sure.
- Connor: Well now you know, and you also know as well as I do that her immortality can only be triggered by the shock of a violent death.
- Duncan: Yes, I do. Without such a death, she will simply grow old and die. Yes, I know Connor. Is that what you came to tell me on my wedding day? Come on, drink up man!
- Connor: No, I was wondering, does she know?
- Duncan: Why?
- Connor: Many years after I was married, one night, I found Heather in front of the house. She had a knife in one hand, and her hair in the other. When I asked her why she had done such a thing to herself, she said it was the one part of her that would never age. It would remain the same as when I first fell in love with her. That's how she wanted me to remember her.
- Duncan: Why are you telling me this?
- Connor: Because I once loved a woman, more than life itself...and I watched her die. Unlike me, you have a choice.
- Duncan: What would you have me tell her?
- Connor: I'd tell her nothing. She wouldn't believe you anyway.
- Duncan: Then I can do nothing!
- Connor: She's in the flare of her youth. Enjoy the moment, and let it pass!
- Duncan: And if it were you in my place?
- Connor: I was in your place! But I thank god I never had the choice.
- Duncan: I love Kate, and I will hold on to her as long as I can, and that is all I can do!
- [Duncan storms off.]
- It will take two immortals to defeat the ultimate evil. But in the end, there can be only one.
- For centuries, we've been told there can be only one.
- But it's another time. And a Supernatural enemy has grown too strong for any immortal to face alone.
- So two brothers are about to join forces. Together, they're our last chance to stop the ultimate evil.
- The last chance. The ultimate evil. The final battle.
- What has always been a fight for one now becomes a battle two must face together.
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|