English engineer, car designer, co-founder of Rolls-Royce
|This article about an engineer, inventor or industrial designer is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Strive for perfection in everything we do. Take the best that exists and make it better. When it does not exist, design it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough.
- Slogan for the Rolls-Royce company, quoted in Transforming the Organization (1996) by Francis J. Gouillart, p. 85
- Small things make perfection, but perfection is no small thing … Whatever is rightly done, however humble, is noble.
- As quoted in A Dictionary of Marketing (2011) by Charles Doyle, p. 391
- The quality will remain long after the price is forgotten.
- I have only one regret … that I have not worked harder.
- Deathbed assertion, as quoted in Outlook Business, Vol. 3, No. 4 (23 February 2008)
Quotes about RoyceEdit
- One respected critic described the 40/50 hp as being "a triumph of workmanship over design" — a cruel but not wholly inaccurate assessment. The meticulous quality of engineering insisted upon by the perfectionist Henry Royce was what established the marque's reputation.
- On Royce's engineering, in Car: The Definitive Visual History of the Automobile (2011), by Penguin Books, p. 32