Henry M. Morris
American young earth creationist and Christian apologist
|This People article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- The only way we can determine the true age of the earth is for God to tell us what it is. And since he has told us, very plainly, in the Holy Scriptures that it is several thousand years of age, and no more, that ought to settle all basic questions of terrestrial chronology.
- The Remarkable Birth of Planet Earth (Bethany House Pub), 1972, p. 94
- In all their polemics, the anti-creationists invariably avoid discussing the actual scientific evidence for macro-evolution. If there were any such evidence, they could easily settle the whole conflict, merely by presenting the evidence! Instead they seem compelled to resort to bombast ridicule, defamation, intimidation, and distortion. Surely that great body of working scientists, largely uninvolved so far in the creation/evolution conflict will soon begin to see that a two-model approach to all scientific study is salutary and will persuade their more emotional brethren to open their minds to potential truth wherever it might be found.
- "The Anti-Creationist" (1981)
- No geological difficulties, real or imagined, can be allowed to take precedence over the clear statements and necessary inferences of Scripture.
- Biblical Cosmology and Modern Science, 1982, p. 33