British chemist who became the first Briton in space
|This People article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Radio Interview, 26 May 1991 after Soyuz TM-11 landing:
REPORTER - "After circling the planet for eight days, what was your most memorable impression of the earth from outter space?"
SHARMAN - [Said without hesitation] - "There are no borders."
- There is very little difference between men and women in space.
- Independent on Sunday, 9 June 1991
- Once the press learnt of her success, she was called 'the girl from Mars'.
- She worked for Mars the sweet manufacturer.
- Women in Space: Following Valentina by David Shayler, Ian A. Moule, pub. Springer, ISBN 1852337443, p. 315