Heiko Josef Maas (born 19 September 1966) is a German politician serving as Minister of Foreign Affairs in the fourth cabinet of Angela Merkel since 14 March 2018. He served as Federal Minister of Justice and Consumer Protection from 17 December 2013 to 14 March 2018. He is a member of the Social Democratic Party.
|This article about a political figure is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- When the limits of free speech are trespassed, when it is about criminal expressions, sedition, incitement to carry out criminal offences that threaten people, such content has to be deleted from the net, and we agree that as a rule this should be possible within 24 hours.
- Facebook, Google, Twitter agree to delete hate speech in 24 hours: Germany, Reuters, (15 Dec 2015)
- It should be clear to President Erdogan: There won't be a discount for Turkey (after the attempted coup), the one who restricts fundamental rights and the independence of executive, legislative and judicial powers is pushing the country away from the basic values of the EU.
- Merkel ally Seehofer says Turkey crackdown raises doubts on visa-free deal Reuters, (17th July 2016)
- You cannot drag out Brexit for a decade.
- Brexit: Tusk says UK MEPs could sit for 'months or longer' BBC News (16 April 2019)