Heartbreak Hotel (film)
1988 film by Chris Columbus
- Written and directed by Chris Columbus.
1972. My family needed some help, my town needed a hero, and my band needed a break. So I borrowed Mom's pink Cadillac and I kidnapped Elvis Presley, and our lives were never the same again.taglines
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Son, you're talking to Elvis Presley! Do I look like a dating service?
- You're kissing the same ass you used to kick.
- Elvis: When I first met you, I didn't like you at all. I thought you were the most arrogant, selfish, ungrateful little bastard I'd ever met. [pauses] Then I started to remember how much I was like that at your age.
- Johnny: Elvis, man. What happened at the talent show - thanks. I know you did that for me.
- Elvis: [frowns] Hell no, kid. I didn't do that for you. I did that for rock and roll.
- Elvis: Maybe I ought to go back to the old way of doing things. Really rock them again!
- Jerry: [uneasy] Hell, you can't afford to take a chance like that, E. What about your image?
- Elvis: Can't afford it? Man, when I was broke I could afford to do anything I wanted? [bitterly, to himself] Now I'm a millionaire. Can't afford to do a damned thing.
- 1972. My family needed some help, my town needed a hero, and my band needed a break. So I borrowed Mom's pink Cadillac and I kidnapped Elvis Presley, and our lives were never the same again.
- A rock and roll fantasy.