Heart and Souls
Heart and Souls is a 1993 fantasy-comedy film about the souls of four deceased people who are trapped on earth and can only be seen by a single living human being who is recruited to help them take care of their unfinished business. The movie was directed by Ron Underwood and was filmed in San Fransisco.
- [to a child he robbed] Hey, life's tough. Sometimes, you don't get what you want. Mostly, you don't get what you want.
- [to the person that caused his death] I can't get a decent meal, I can't get a smoke, and mostly, I can't get laid. You turned me into a monk!
- Hal: I like that, it adds unity.
- Milo: Look, I'm a man.
- Julia: You're a *dead* man.
- Milo: You bug me! You've been bugging me since the early-'70s.
- Milo: He likes to play the field. He takes after me.
- Julia: A baboon in heat takes after you.
- Milo: Funny. You're killing me, you're really killing me. Oh yeah, I'm already dead. I forgot.
- Hal: It is time, ooooh!
- Milo: Is it time? Ooooh!
- Harrison: Who came up with this ridiculous concept anyway? Resolve your entire life in one bold stroke? What if I fail? And I will. I'll fail. I'm telling you. I always fail. Then my whole life will be a complete failure.
- Thomas: No offense, Harrison. But you died a failure because you never tried.
- Robert Downey, Jr. — Thomas Reilly
- Charles Grodin — Harrison Winslow
- Alfre Woodard — Penny Washington
- Kyra Sedgwick — Julia
- Tom Sizemore — Milo Peck
- David Paymer — Hal the Bus Driver
- Elisabeth Shue — Anne
- Bill Calvert — Frank Reilly
- Lisa Lucas — Eva Reilly
- Eric Lloyd — Thomas Reilly (age 7)
- Richard Portnow — Max Marco
- B. B. King — Himself
- Wren T. Brown — Sgt. Wm. Barclay
- Kurtwood Smith — Patterson (uncredited)
- Chloe Webb — Patient in Psychiatric Ward (uncredited)