|This political figure article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- The slogans of 'countering back the mainland' created by Chiang Kai-shek and 'liberating Taiwan' by Mao Zedong several decades ago should be forgotten because none of them could be put into practice.
- Hau Pei-tsun (2013) cited in "Call for Beijing to work with Taiwan to reunify in 'Chinese-style' democracy" on South China Morning Post, 21 July 2013
- When people on both sides of the Strait reach a consensus on their political system, unification will come to fruition naturally.
- Hau Pei-tsun (2013) cited in "Ex-premier Hau calls for ‘Chinese-style’ democracy" on Taipei Times, 23 July 2013
- Taiwanese independence is a dead end.
- Hau Pei-tsun (2014) cited in "Taiwan’s fate not up to its people: Hau Pei-tsun" on Taipei Times, 4 September 2014