unpleasantly rough, severe or cruel
(Redirected from Harshest)
Something harsh is unpleasantly rough, severe or cruel.
|This theme article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Abandoning harsh speech, he refrains from it. He speaks whatever is blameless, pleasing to the ear, agreeable, reaching the heart, urbane, pleasing and attractive to the multitude.
- I will be as harsh as truth and as uncompromising as justice.
- William Lloyd Garrison, Salutatory of the Liberator, Volume I. No. 1. (1 January 1831).
- Even in the harshest places there is still wonder and beauty.
- Rebecca Helm, in a Twitter post, quoted in Newly discovered 'glitter worms' dance and fight one another underwater (May 14, 2020) by Bonnie Burton, CNET
- Never say harsh things, if kind things will do as well.
- Nay, now you are too flat
And mar the concord with too harsh a descant.
- For those who practise tyranny and deprive others of their rights, I will be harsh and stern, but for those who follow the law, I will be most soft and tender.
- I will be harsh and stern against the aggressor, but I will be a pillar of strength for the weak.
I will not calm down until I will put one cheek of a tyrant on the ground and the other under my feet, and for the poor and weak, I will put my cheek on the ground.