The Meditations of Guigo I, Prior of the CharterhouseEdit
- as translated by A. Gordon Mursell (1995)
- Without form or comeliness, and nailed to the cross—thus is truth to be adored.
- Anyone who delights in praise destroys it.
- Prepare your mind to live in the company of evil people, with your mind unsullied; to do this is to live like an angel.
- The more noble and powerful a creature is, the more willingly it submits to the truth. Indeed it is powerful and noble precisely because of its submission.
- To want good things even for the wicked is a characteristic of saints.