A group process or group dynamics is a system of behaviors and psychological processes occurring within a social group (intragroup dynamics), or between social groups (intergroup dynamics).
|This sociology-related article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- The group process contains the secret of collective life, it is the key to democracy, it is the master lesson for every individual to learn, it is our chief hope or the political, the social, the international life of the future.
- Mary Parker Follett (1918). The New State: Group Organization the Solution of Popular Government. p. 23
- Interaction and decision making relies heavily on group processes.
- Rensis Likert (1967), The Human Organization. p. 50
- There's this beautiful ocean of bliss and consciousness that is able to be reached by any human being by diving within, which is really peaceful and harmonious and can be enlivened by the group process. This group is a peace-creating group. It saturates the atmosphere. This is all about establishing peace. Right now, we gotta get peace back in the world. Peace is a real thing.
- Kurt Lewin (who died in 1947) took away from the first meeting the term "feedback". He suggested ways in which group processes, which he and his students were studying in a highly disciplined, rigorous way, could be improved by a "feedback process," as when, for example, a group was periodically given a report on the success or failure of its particular operations.
- Margaret Mead (1964) Continuities in Cultural Evolution p. 272-273.
- In any potential collectivity, members have different interests, capabilities, preferences, and so forth. They want to accomplish different things. However, to achieve some of these diverse ends, concerted, interdependent actions are required.
- Karl E. Weick. "Group Processes, Family Processes, and Problem Solving,"
Group processes refers to how people work together to achieve a common task it is the time, manpower,resources,and all activities that take place within a group to achieve it's set out objective