Green Zone (film)
2010 film by Paul Greengrass
- Directed by Paul Greengrass. Written by Brian Helgeland, based on the book Imperial Life in the Emerald City by Rajiv Chandrasekaran.
Chief Warrant Officer Roy Miller is done following orders
Chief Warrant Officer Roy Miller edit
- [to Lawrie Dayne] At least tell me how it happened. How does this happ... how does someone like you write something that's not true? Tell me.
- [to Miller] It is not for you to decide what happens here.
General Al Rawi edit
- Your government wanted to hear the lie Mr. Miller... they wanted Saddam out and they did exactly what they had to do... this is why you are here...
Martin Brown edit
- [to Poundstone] You cannot just hand this country over to an exile no one's ever heard of, and a bunch of interns from Washington.
- Miller: What happened to your leg?
- Freddy: My leg is in Iran. Since 1987. Me too, I fight for my country.
- Miller: Freddy listen, you give me your information, I'm going to get you a reward for what you did today.
- Freddy: Reward... You think I do this for money? You think I don't care about my country? I see what's happening. You don't think I see what's happening? And all the people now, they have no water, they have no electricity - you think I do this for reward? You don't think I do this for me? For my future. For my country. For all these things? Whatever you want here, I want more than you want. I want to help my country.
- Wilkins: Chief, our mission is here.
- Miller: You want to sit around dig holes all day, or get something done?
- Miller: I thought we were all on the same side?
- Martin Brown: Don't be naïve...
- Miller: When you peddled that shit in DC, did they know it was a lie? Or did they just never bother to ask?
- Clark Poundstone: Okay, okay. Come on, none of this matters anymore. WMD? This doesn't matter.
- Miller: [grabs Poundstone angrily and forcefully] What the fuck you talking about? Of course it fucking matters! The reasons we go to war always matter! It's all that matters! It fucking matters!
- Matt Damon - Chief Warrant Officer Roy Miller
- Amy Ryan - Lawrie Dayne
- Brendan Gleeson - Martin Brown
- Greg Kinnear - Clark Poundstone
- Yigal Naor - General Mohammed Al-Rawi
- Jason Isaacs - Maj. Briggs
- Martin McDougall - Mr. Sheen
- Khalid Abdalla - Freddy
- Michael O'Neill - Colonel Bethel
- Antoni Corone - Colonel Lyons
- Tommy Campbell - Chopper Comms Commander
- Sean Huze - U.S. Army Sergeant Conway