Green Card (film)
Green Card is a 1990 romantic comedy film written, produced, directed by Peter Weir and starring Gérard Depardieu and Andie MacDowell. The screenplay focuses on an American woman who enters into a marriage of convenience with a Frenchman so he can obtain a green card and remain in the United States.
- We don't have to like each other. We just have to get married.
- [trying to shift all the blame for their bogus marriage onto Georges] You stroll around my apartment, touching my things. Do you realize the situation that you've put me in? Do you?
- I am the husband!
- [in response to Brontë's telling him that she will donate her time to a children's agriculture charity] If it amuses you, then do it.
- An irresistibly charming comedy!
- The story of two people who got married, met, and then fell in love.