Brazilian recording artist, singer, guitarist, songwriter and politician
- Brazil was, is, and will be in fashion.
- "Brazil's Gilberto Gil, minister of cool". Reuters via CNN. 2003-09-01. Retrieved on 2008-03-16.
- Like most artists and musicians, I considered myself detached from the political life…but I had an insight that maybe we would have a political contribution to make in the future.
- Burkeman, Oliver (2005-10-14). "Minister of counterculture". The Guardian (Guardian Media Group).
- [on the "tropicalization" of intellectual property laws] To make the digital world join in the samba…
- Dibbell, Julian (November 2004). "We Pledge Allegiance to the Penguin". Wired 12 (11). Retrieved on 2008-03-16.
- Brasília is a weird place but I like being here. I can focus on the job here, there's no city madness and I don't need urban stimulation.
- Steward, Sue (2003-10-19). "Minister of cool: part one". The Observer (Guardian Media Group). Retrieved on 2008-03-16.