Greek politician - former prime minister of Greece (1888-1968)
- "They [the Communist Party] ask to surrender Greece. We refuse. Our aim is to subject the parties to the Nation and not the opposite."
- From his "speech to the nation", after the Lebanon Conference in May 1944.
- "In a Constitutional Monarchy, the Government governs and the King reigns."
- During the political crisis of 1965.
- "He was glorified while in hiding, but vanished when he appeared in public."
- About Georgios Grivas, leader of the EOKA's struggle in Cyprus.
- In Andreas Papandreou: The Making of a Greek Democrat and Political Maverick, p.88