Belgian scientist and priest (1894-1966)
Georges Lemaître (17 July 1894 – 20 June 1966) was a Belgian Catholic Priest, astronomer and professor of physics. He is primarily known as the Father of The Big Bang Theory.
- I was interested in truth from the point of view of salvation just as much as in truth from the point of view of scientific certainty. It appeared to me that there were two paths to truth, and I decided to follow both of them.
- AIKMAN, Duncan, New York Times Magazine, February 19, 1933, p. 3 
- The primaeval atom
- Description of the initial state of the universe. Article in Nature, 1931, vol 127, page 706
- We want a fireworks theory of evolution. The last two thousand million years are slow evolution: they are the smoke and ashes of bright but very rapid fireworks.
- Article in Nature, 1931, vol 128, page 704
- There is no conflict between science and religion.
- New York Times, February 19, 1933