George Lopez (comedian)
George Edward Lopez (born April 23, 1961) is an American comedian, writer and actor.
- So, on the case of immigration and migration and, you know, this country does not want to go back to the beginning and let's talk about how everyone got here. The thing that upsets me the most is the entitlement of people that will stand with a flag and say to some other people that they need to go back to where they came from. When, in fact, they also would need to go back to where they came from, because you need to go all the way back to the beginning. And if we all had to go back to where we came from, there would be less traffic, and there wouldn't be as many crimes, and we would be living in a place that had a lot of space. I don't think real estate would be as much as it is now, if everybody went back to where they came from.
- On the concept of “going back to where you came from” in “George Lopez Reflects On 'The Wall,' A Lifetime Of Comedy And Jokes About Trump” in NPR (2017 Aug 5)
- It is the freest form of expression, even though people get upset. It is the only place that you can truly have free speech. Politically, you can't. And you skirt around issues. And I think skirting around issues and being politically correct is what's dividing the country, in a sense. You don't want to get to where you're using words that incite. But images and misperceptions, those should always be funny.
- On the freedom of comedy in “George Lopez Reflects On 'The Wall,' A Lifetime Of Comedy And Jokes About Trump” in NPR (2017 Aug 5)
- Unfortunately, I haven't seen any reaction from the Latino community in regards to the thousands of people who are being detained and the children who are not with their parents…I think the Latino community has a bigger issue of — we go silent, no voice, no change…We didn't vote very much. We need to start realizing that our vote is as important as any other American in the United States.
- On the need for Latinos to voice their reactions in “George Lopez urges Latinos to speak out against Trump's immigration policy” in The Hill (2019 Apr 11)