American computer programmer and businessman
- George Lucas should have distributed the "source code" to Star Wars. Millions of fans would create their own movies and stories. Most of them would be terrible, but a few would be genius.
- The original Half-Life took two years to create and Half-Life 2 took six years. That means Half-Life 3 would ship in approximately 2022. By which time we'll all be retired. With episodic content we can answer everybody's questions about what happened at the end of Half-Life 2, and we can do it in 18 months rather than 18 years.
- Ben Richardson (2006-06-01). Half-Life 3 would have launched in 2022. GamesRadar+. Retrieved on 2019-08-31.
- The PS3 is a total disaster on so many levels, I think It’s really clear that Sony lost track of what customers and what developers wanted.
- Tim Ingham (2008-01-15). Valve boss blows a gasket over PS3. MCV. Retrieved on 2008-02-21.
- This isn't working.
- YouTube - Gabe Newell at GDC 2010 (2010-03-13).
- C'mon, people, you can't show the player a really big bomb and not let them blow it up.
- Valve Software (2010-06-09). Valve. Valve Software. Retrieved on 2010-06-09.
- I'd like to thank Sony for their gracious hospitality, and for not repeatedly punching me in the face. If I seem a little nervous, it's because Kevin Butler was introduced to me backstage as the VP of sharpening things.
- Gabe Newell (2010-06-15). YouTube - Portal 2 comes to PS3 Sony Press Confrence e3 2010. Sony. Retrieved on 2010-07-04.
- Piracy is almost always a service problem and not a pricing problem.
- Gabe Newell. Interview: Gabe Newell. The Cambridge Student. Retrieved on 2011-11-24.
- The programmers of tomorrow are the wizards of the future.
- code.org (2013-02-26). YouTube - What Most Schools Don't Teach. Retrieved on 2014-11-22.