Frankenstein's Army is a 2013 film about Russian soldiers pushing into eastern Germany who stumble across a secret Nazi lab making monstrous super-soldiers.
- Directed by Richard Raaphorst. Written by Miguel Tejada-Flores.
War is hell. This place is worse. (taglines)
- My father said, men will be more efficient if they have hammers and screwdrivers instead of fingers.
- War is hell. This place is worse.
- I’ve always been fascinated by Frankenstein. When I was a kid my mother told me about this monster with his square head and it totally freaked me out. The square shape didn’t sound logical to me, so it was really scary. My imagination took it over and started to invent cubistic monsters, which later became Transers, and then became biomechanical monsters like the ones in FA. Transers are my own industrial monsters I invented as a teenager. I used to dress like them and take photos. Then when I asked myself what I wanted to make a movie about, I came up with the answer, “about an army of Frankensteins.” So that was it! Because I also had a deep fascination for the second world war, I thought it might be a cool idea to combine those together. My first reaction was, “Wait a minute, you can’t combine those – it’s insane!” But that’s exactly why I thought it would be a pretty good idea – because it was insane!
- Richard Raaphorst, Richard Raaphorst Talks FRANKENSTEIN’S ARMY on Blu-ray, Directing His First Feature Film, Designing the Zombots, the Found Footage Format, and More (September 19, 2013).
- Karel Roden — Viktor Frankenstein
- Joshua Sasse — Sergei
- Robert Gwilym — Novikov
- Alexander Mercury — Dmitri
- Luke Newberry — Sacha
- Frankenstein's Army quotes at the Internet Movie Database
- Frankenstein's Army at Rotten Tomatoes
- Frankenstein's Army at Metacritic
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|