Frank Herbert's Children of Dune
- For the novel, see Dune.
Children of Dune was a television miniseries based on the Frank Herbert novel of the same name.
|This TV article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
Paul Atreides / Muad'DibEdit
- Who is it that calls for Muad'Dib?! Muad'Dib's words are the wind! They vanish...like water on the sand! You want Muad'Dib's words?! I'll give you Muad'Dib's words! I'll rub your faces in them!! I am the voice from the wilderness...and I bring you a warning. The water we spread upon the desert has become blood. Blood...upon the land which was once clean and pure! We have provoked the desert...forsaken its ways. We have succumbed to the mindless ritual and seductive ceremony. Placed faith in those who crush dissent...enrich themselves with power...commit atrocity...all in the name of righteousness! All in the name...of Muad'Dib! We have fouled the nest...and it is killing us! But I have seen another path...a golden path! The path Muad'Dib would not take. I have stood upon the sand...and I have seen a beast rise up! And upon the head of that beast...is the name of salvation! Come to spill water upon the sand. Come to lead us back...to a dry and thirsty land. Only one blasphemy remains. And that blasphemy...is ALIA!!! Forgive me...sister.
- History is written on the sands of Arrakis. A chapter has ended, swept away by the whirlwind. One door has closed, but another has opened and on the other side, our future.
- One day each of you will come face to face with the horror of your own existence. One day you will cry out for help. One day each of you will find yourselves alone.
- To remind you that all humans make mistakes, and that all leaders are but human.
- Chani: Will we ever have peace, Muad'Dib?
- Paul Atreides: We'll have victory.
- Paul Atreides: We have eternity.
- Chani: You have eternity. I have only now.
- Ghanima: He runs and runs and runs. And when he's exhausted himself, he returns to me, puts his head in my lap and asks me to help him find a way to die.
- Farad'n: But why does he want to die?
- Ghanima: To save himself from the sacrifices he must make, sacrifices for the future of us all.
- Farad'n: We offer our sincerest condolences on the death of your brother. Perhaps the alliance of our two families will help end the treachery which took his life. Treachery which was bred on Salusa Secundus.
- Alia: What did you say?
- Farad'n: I am ashamed to say that the beasts who killed Leto, son of Muad'Dib, were created and trained on my planet.
- Alia: And the Regent of House Corrino knew of this?
- Farad'n: She planned it.
- Wensicia: How dare you!
- Farad'n: I'll dare quite a lot of things now, mother. You've been quite inept at making decisions in my name. Decisions that I have found extremely distasteful.
- Wensicia: You insolent bastard!
- Farad'n: Let's not discuss your shortcomings now, mother.
- Wensicia: I forbid you to say another word here.
- Farad'n: You forbid nothing. As heir to the throne of House Corrino, I am now the author of making my own decisions. My mother is to be stripped of all titles and privileges of the House Corrino. She is no longer sovereign Regent of this family. She is from this moment forward banished!
- Wensicia: You are more of a man that I can ever imagine.
- Alia: And you can spend the rest of your days pondering that in utter darkness.
- Wensicia: Patience is something I have in abundance, in case you haven't noticed.
- Alia: Take her away.
- Ghanima: Wait. Did you have anything to do with the death of my brother?
- Farad'n: I knew nothing of the plot against you until it was too late. Forgive me. I am at your mercy. This is my wedding present to you. I have now dowry; only the truth.
- Ghanima: I believe him.
- Alia: Take her. Keep him. Perhaps he will amuse us with more tales of betrayal and double cross in the days to come.
- Wensicia: Don't you find it interesting, Jessica, how the sins of the mother bloom in the children they bear?
- Reverend Mother Mohiam: Everywhere we turn his power confronts us. He is a curse.
- Wensicia: He is a messiah. You can't launch a formal attack on a messiah. Even if you succeed, his martyrdom remains. But he is human and because he is human he has his weaknesses.
- Children of Dune (miniseries) quotes at the Internet Movie Database
This article about a serial production does not cite its sources. (Learn how and when to remove this template message)