Pastafarianism, also known as the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, is a humorous religion whose doctrines satirize creationism, revering a creator deity called the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
The use of a colander on the top of a persons head shall be considered sacrilegious and the person shall be informed of the situation as remedy this by removing it and never again wearing it.
- I think we can all look forward to the time when these three theories are given equal time in our science classrooms across the country, and eventually the world; one third time for Intelligent Design, one third time for Flying Spaghetti Monsterism, and one third time for logical conjecture based on overwhelming observable evidence.
- Bobby Henderson, in "Open Letter To Kansas School Board" at Venganza.org (2005); also published as Bobby verse 36, The Loose Canon: A Holy Book of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster (2010), First Edition
- The Flying Spaghetti Monster is a kind of particularly amusing shell fired off in the ongoing culture war. Ultimately, it is an argument about the arbitrariness of holding any one view of creation.
- I have found it an amusing strategy, when asked whether I am an atheist, to point out that the questioner is also an atheist when considering Zeus, Apollo, Amon Ra, Mithras, Baal, Thor, Wotan, the Golden Calf and the Flying Spaghetti Monster. I just go one god further.
- With Him, All Things are Pasta-Bowl.
- ProvHerbs 3:35, The Loose Canon: A Holy Book of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster (2010), First Edition
The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster (2006)Edit
- Bobby Henderson, The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster (2006-03-25), New York: Villard, ISBN 0-8129-7656-8
- Go ahead. Try us for thirty days. If you don't like us, your old religion will most likely take you back.
- p. xiv
- 1. I'd Really Rather You Didn’t Act Like A Sanctimonious Holier-Than-Thou Ass When Describing My Noodly Goodness. If Some People Don't Believe In Me, That's Okay. Really, I'm Not That Vain. Besides, This Isn't About Them So Don't Change The Subject.
- 2. I'd Really Rather You Didn't Use My Existence As A Means To Oppress, Subjugate, Punish, Eviscerate, And/Or, You Know, Be Mean To Others. I Don't Require Sacrifices, And Purity Is For Drinking Water, Not People.
- 3. I'd Really Rather You Didn't Judge People For The Way They Look, Or How They Dress, Or The Way They Talk, Or, Well, Just Play Nice, Okay? Oh, And Get This In Your Thick Heads: Woman=Person, Man=Person. Samey-Samey. One is Not Better Than The Other, Unless We're Talking About Fashion And I'm Sorry, But I Gave That To Women And Some Guys Who Know The Difference Between Teal And Fuchsia.
- 4. I'd Really Rather You Didn't Indulge In Conduct That Offends Yourself, Or Your Willing, Consenting Partner Of Legal Age AND Mental Maturity. As For Anyone Who Might Object, I Think The Expression Is Go F*** Yourself, Unless They Find That Offensive In Which Case They Can Turn Off The TV For Once And Go For A Walk For A Change.
- 5. I'd Really Rather You Didn't Challenge The Bigoted, Misogynist, Hateful Ideas Of Others On An Empty Stomach. Eat, Then Go After The B*******.
- 6. I'd Really Rather You Didn't Build Multimillion-Dollar Churches/Temples/Mosques/Shrines To My Noodly Goodness When The Money Could Be Better Spent (Take Your Pick):
- A. Ending Poverty
- B. Curing Diseases
- C. Living In Peace, Loving With Passion, And Lowering The Cost Of Cable.
- I Might Be A Complex-Carbohydrate Omniscient Being, But I Enjoy The Simple Things In Life. I Ought To Know. I AM The Creator.
- 7. I'd Really Rather You Didn't Go Around Telling People I Talk To You. You're Not That Interesting. Get Over Yourself. And I Told You To Love Your Fellow Man, Can't You Take A Hint?
- 8. I'd Really Rather You Didn't Do Unto Others As You Would Have Them Do Unto You If You Are Into, Um, Stuff That Uses Alot Of Leather/Lubrication/Las Vegas. If The Other Person Is Into It However (Pursuant To #4), Then Have At It, Take Pictures, And For The Love Of Mike, Wear A CONDOM! Honestly, It's A Piece Of Rubber, If I Didn't Want It To Feel Good When You Did IT I Would Have Added Spikes, Or Something.
- p. 99-101