Flyboys is a 2006 drama film set during World War I, starring James Franco, Martin Henderson, Jean Reno, Jennifer Decker, David Ellison and Tyler Labine. It was directed by Tony Bill, a pilot and aviation enthusiast,written by Phil Sears, Blake T. Evans and David S. Ward and story by Blake T. Evans.
The film follows the enlistment, training and aerial combat service of a group of young Americans who volunteer to become fighter pilots in the Lafayette Escadrille, the 124th air squadron formed by the French in 1916. The squadron consisted entirely of American volunteers who wanted to fly biplanes and fight in World War I during the early years when the United States remained neutral.
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- [To one of his pilots, complaining of a German pilot who killed a member of the French squadron after he successfully crash-landed] Reports can be filed. But you want justice? You are the man in the sky. You are the man with the gun.
- We don't want you bringing bullets home; we have millions. [Points at the sky] Leave the bullets up there. Let the Germans take them home.
- [After Rawlings flew and landed behind German lines to rescue Lucienne and her family] Use of French military aircraft for personal purposes is strictly forbidden! The report I have says that you repeatedly made flights into and out of German-held territory to fly out several French civilians, while being shot at by both infantry and anti-aircraft cannons. Busy night. I have here papers recommending your court-martial. I have contacted headquarters in Paris and they agree with my recommendation completely, so it won't do you any good to go over my head! [Setting aside the papers, Thenault pins a Croix de Guerre with Bronze Palm on Rawlings' uniform] Congratulations, Rawlings. And don't ever do that again.
- Some day it'll just end. Everyone will go home, get on with their lives. Tall grass will cover the battlefields. And all the pilots we've lost won't mean a damn thing.
- Captain Thenault: Any questions?
- Eddie Beagle: [raises hand] Yes, sir. Will we be back by lunch.
- [The pilots snicker]
- Captain Thenault: I mean any intelligent questions.
- Eddie Beagle: Sorry. Just trying to loosen things up.
- Captain Thenault: Don't.