Fire Birds is a 1990 American action-thriller film directed by David Green and produced by William Badalato, Keith Barish and Arnold Kopelson. The storyline was convinced from a screenplay written by Paul F. Edwards, Nick Thiel and David Taylor. The film stars Nicolas Cage, Tommy Lee Jones and Sean Young.
- Brad: Mr. Preston, this operation will be a failure if we all die!
- Brad: Boy, you're going to be busier than a three-peckered goat.
- Brad: Rules of engagement: 1. Whoever sees the other person first is the winner; 2. Whoever gets seen first is toast.
- Brad: When we have mastered these tactics, we will use them to seek out and confront the forces of evil and kill them deader than hell!
- [to Brad Little]
- Jake: Well. That's very big of you, Little.
- Jake: I AM THE GREATEST!
- Jake: Time to throw the dog a bone, Breaker.
- [Jake is trying to rescue Guthrie from Stoller]
- Jake: You're not touching her, you filthy piece of shit!
- Jake: Oops. You blew it.
- Brad: Little's pre mission pep talk to Preston describing what he expects of his protégé "...a 1st class all American hero with his heart and brain wired together cooking full tilt boogie for freedom and justice!"
- Billie: [commiserating with Jake after he fails a test] It's like sex, hardly anyone gets it right the first time.
- Brad: Make that damn thing go away, son!
- Jake: Breaker, strawberry gum?
- Breaker: No.
- Jake: How about you, sir. Strawberry gum?
- Brad: [angrily] No!
- Jake: [dead pan] It's delicious?
- Brad: [demonstrating Apache's capabilities to Preston] You could crash this thing at twenty G's and survive, but I am NOT going to prove it to you!
- The best just got better.