2017 American animated film directed by Carlos Saldanha
Ferdinand is a 2017 American 3D computer-animated comedy-drama film produced by Blue Sky Studios and 20th Century Fox Animation. It is based on Munro Leaf and Robert Lawson's children's book The Story of Ferdinand and directed by Carlos Saldanha.
Built to Fight. Born to Love.(taglines)
- [Trying to maneuver through a china shop] You're a feather. You're a 2,000-pound feather.
- [To a bunny] Sorry I almost killed you! [Bunny throws a Carrot at his face] Ow. [Valiente laughs in mock]
- I really need to get back home.
- Actually, I'm gonna pass on the violence.
- I'm not a fighter.
- More of me to love.
- Music to my ears.
- Real classy, guys. Way to treat a lady.
- I've been waiting this moment my whole flea-bitten, tin-chewing life, mister!
- My true destiny is to be a coach.
- Look at those pecs! It's like two little baby bulls inside of a bull.
- Mama like that, mama like that.
- Holy beefaroni, you're ginormous!
- [When Nina hugs her] Is this love? I love love!
- Listen to me, flower bull. Things have changed around here since you ran away. Now you're either a fighter or you're meat! Later, meat.
- Our only way out is to beat the matador in the ring. And that's what I'm gonna do. But, by all means, ballerinas, keep dancing. Tomorrow, I'll be on the winner's truck.
- Why would I believe a coward who thinks the only way out is through the back door?
- Bulls fight or go down! That's how the world works.
- I'm not afraid OF ANTYHING!!! [he becomes full of rage and pushes Ferdinand out of the bullpen] Come on, fight me!
- COWARD! FIGHT!!
- You're soft. Like your father. And the soft ones ALWAYS GO DOWN!!!
- [after his horn rips off due to Ferdinand getting picked] DON'T YOU GET IT?! LOOK AT ME! I'M ALREADY DONE.
- Go away!
- [reformed] I thought you could use extra horn. [Guapo is shocked at him due to his ripped horn and he gets annoyed] What? What's the problem?
- So, are we getting out of here or what?
- That wasn't so bad.
- [after Bones and Angus got happy that Guapo is back and giving him the cold shoulder as payback] Okay, I deserved that.
- I got ya, hedgehog.
- Yeah, right!
- [witness Ferdinand won the fight and survived] Flower bull did it.
- We do not speak of Tres.
- We're not thieves, we're survivors!
- The door to freedom.
- Just do exactly what we do. [She and Dos and Cuatro roll to the house. Ferdinand tries to do the same, and ends up doing a slow tumble that causes the ground to shake] Maybe not do exactly what we do...
- Can you just try to be a little more quiet?
- Good luck with that, amigo.
- Alright, let's do it old school.
- We're filthy hedgehogs!
- It gives me the happies!
- I love cake!
Hans, Klaus, and GretaEdit
- Hans: Klaus, Greta, look! It looks like somebody wants to come to our side of the fence.
- Greta: Silly moo-moo. He doesn't know the rules.
- Hans: Hmm. How do you get to the other side? Oh, let me ponder this question a little bit.
- Klaus chuckles
- Hans: Mmm... (gasps) SPOILER ALERT! You don't!
- Hans: See, this is the beautiful horsey side, and that is the stinky bull side. Beautiful horsies stay here, and you ugly beasts stay there.
- Greta: Don't even think about coming over to our side. Or we'll alert the humans!
- Klaus: Ja. (laughs) Sucks to be YOU!
- Hans: Shoo! Shoo-shoo! Go on, stinky one. Have a nice day smelling terrible. I bet his parents weren't even related.
- Hans: (laughing) A bull dancing? Is this some kind of hilarious joke designed to make me laugh?
- Greta: You see, horses, we have the beautifulest legs for the dancing.
- Klaus: Bulls have short, stubby legs.
- Hans: Ja, look at me. Moo, moo, moo!
- Greta: You call that dancing? Hah! Nein, this is dancing.
- Greta: Don't celebrate yet, you rump roast! Try this!
- Hans: Klaus? Greta? I'm sorry for the things I said about your terrible dancing.
- Klaus: Nein. (sobs) Nein, Hans! I am the horse that is full of the shame and the regret.
- Greta: I cannot stay mad at you. Kommen Sie, you sons of stallions.
- Hans: Let's Haagen-Dazs it out.
- all whinny in relief
- Calf Valiente: Bones, you're never going to get selected. You wanna know why?
- Calf Bones: Why?
- Calf Valiente: [rams into calf Bones, hurling him across the yard] 'Cause you're a puny bag of bones, Bones.
- Dos: It ain’t from chickens!
- Una: No, no. Look at him! He’s soft and sweet.
- Cuatro: Like butter.
- Ferdinand: Thanks. I think.
- Una: Let’s start over. I'm Una.
- Dos: I'm Dos.
- Cuatro: And I'm Cuatro!
- Ferdinand: What happened to Tres?
- [Una, Dos, and Cuatro cross themselves]
- Una: We do not speak of Tres.
- Ferdinand: Oh. Sorry.
- Angus: Wait for me! Wait for me!
- [Moreno and El Primero see Ferdinand and the animals escaping on the company's truck.]
- Moreno: Are you seeing this, too?
- El Primero: If you lose my bull, I'll fight you in the ring.
- [Ferdinand looks straight ahead and sees the red Bunny Rabbit walking on the road and turns around to see the truck approaching him.]
- Ferdinand: BUNNY!!
- [Cuatro puts on the truck's brakes and the truck stops right in front of the Bunny. The Bunny Rabbit faints.]
- Bunny: (Groans)
- [Ferdinand walks out of the truck and picks up the Bunny and takes him the trailer with the bulls.]
- Ferdinand: Your turn. [Hurries back to the truck as the Bulls looks at each other confused.] Go!
- [The truck drives through the gate. Moreno walks out as the Ranch Heads pull up in his car. On the trailer, Angus is doing CPR on Bunny's chest with his hoof.]
- Bones: Come on, Angus! You can do it!
- Angus: I'm a bull, not a doctor.
- [Maquina then appears behind Angus, Vailente, and Bones as he grunts, rubs his two hooves together and shocks the Bunny back to life. The Bunny then looks up and pants rapidly at the sight of the Bulls.]
- Bunny: (Panting Rapidly)
- Maquina: (Grunts) [Maquina and the Bulls smile at the Bunny.]
- Built to Fight. Born to Love.
- John Cena as Ferdinand
- Colin H. Murphy as calf Ferdinand.
- Kate McKinnon as Lupe
- David Tennant as Angus
- Bobby Cannavale as Valiente and his dad
- Jack Gore as calf Valiente
- Anthony Anderson as Bones
- Nile Diaz as calf Bones
- Peyton Manning as Guapo
- Jet Jurgensmeyer as calf Guapo
- Tim Nordquist as Maquina
- Gina Rodriguez as Una
- Daveed Diggs as Dos
- Gabriel Iglesias as Cuatro
- Miguel Ángel Silvestre as El Primero
- Flula Borg as Hans
- Boris Kodjoe as Klaus
- Sally Phillips as Greta
- Jerrod Carmichael as Paco
- Lily Day as Nina
- Julia Scarpa Saldanha as young Nina.
- Juanes as Juan
- Jeremy Sisto as Raf
- Karla Martinez as Isabella
- Raúl Esparza as Moreno
- Belita Moreno as Shopkeeper
- Bernardo de Paula as Animal control officer
- Rafael Scrapa Saldanha as Ice Cream Boy
- Jordi Caballero as Balloon Vendor
- Maria Peyramaure as Tall Nun
- Nazanin Homa as Short Nun/Police Woman
- Belita Moreno as Shopkeeper
- Andreas A. Esparza as Police Officer
- Cindy Slattery as Bunny
- Luis Carlos de La Lombana, Carlos Reig-Plaza, Alvaro Mendoza, Adrian Gonzalez as Ranch Heads
- Jason Fricchione as Marid Tourist
- James M. Palumbo as Male Tourist
- Susana Ballesteros as Newscaster
- Ana Patricia Gámez as El Primero Fan
- Carlos Saldanha as Screaming Matador
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|