Felipe Arizmendi Esquivel
Felipe Arizmendi Esquivel (1 May 1940–) is a Mexican prelate of the Catholic Church.
- There are different cultures, different ways of thinking, different ways of living the faith and of evangelizing, but we wish to love each other as brothers and sisters, respecting our legitimate differences, and valuing each other as gifts for the Church.
- Celibacy is precious gift that not everyone understands, says Mexican bishop (25 November 2003)
- May fallen-away Catholics return to the house of their mother, who awaits them with an open heart! We are sad that you have gone away. If it was our fault, we ask for forgiveness. We do not want to be like the older son in the parable, who was filled with scorn. We are brothers and God wants us to be together.
- I pray to the Spirit, not vaingloriously with this title, as titles aren't the most important in life, but the fraternal service of love. What is decisive, what makes us worth more, is to love God and our neighbor.
- Consistory of Cardinals: Exclusive Interview with Monsignor Felipe Arizmendi (27 November 2020)