Father of the Bride (1950 film)
1950 film by Vincente Minnelli
Father of the Bride is a 1950 film about father of a young woman who deals with the organizational trouble of arranging the wedding.
- Directed by Vincente Minnelli. Written by Frances Goodrich, based on the 1949 novel by Edward Streeter.
The Bride gets the THRILLS! Father gets the BILLS! (taglines)
Stanley T. BanksEdit
- I would like to say a few words about weddings. I've just been through one. Not my own. My daughter's. Someday in the far future I may be able to remember it with tender indulgence, but not now. I always used to think that marriages were a simple affair. Boy meets girl. Fall in love. They get married. Have babies. Eventually the babies grow up and meet other babies. They fall in love. Get married. Have babies. And so on and on and on. Looked at that way, it's not only simple, it's downright monotonous. But I was wrong. I figured without the wedding.
- Right then I knew we'd lost her. She'll always love us of course, but not in the old way. From now on her love will be handed out like a farmer's wife tossing scraps to the family rooster.
- Ben Banks: Can't be June. I've got my final. Why not May?
- Ellie Banks: May's too early.
- Tommy Banks: July's out. I'm going to camp.
- Kay Banks: This isn't a kids party. It's my wedding and my friends.
- Stanley T. Banks: Ellie, what did you mean by?
- Kay Banks: No one has to raise a finger. When the time comes, I'll do everything. And I mean everything.
- Ellie Banks: I can imagine that.
- Ben Banks: I'm not going.
- Kay Banks: Listen! I don't care if you come or not!
- The Bride gets the THRILLS! Father gets the BILLS!
- Spencer Tracy — Stanley T. Banks
- Joan Bennett — Ellie Banks
- Elizabeth Taylor — Kay Dunstan
- Don Taylor — Buckley Dunstan
- Billie Burke — Doris Dunstan
- Moroni Olsen — Herbert Dunstan
- Marietta Canty — Delilah
- Russ Tamblyn — Tommy Banks
- Tom Irish — Ben Banks
- Paul Harvey — Reverend Galsworthy
- Leo G. Carroll — Mr. Massoula
The Banks FamilyEdit
- Ellie (wife)
- Kay (daughter)
- Buckley Dunstan (son-in-law)
- Tommy (son)
- Ben (son)
- Father of the Bride quotes at the Internet Movie Database
- Father of the Bride at Allmovie
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|