Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!
1965 film by Russ Meyer
Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill! is a 1965 cult film about three go-go dancers who embark on a spree of kidnapping and murder in the California desert.
- Directed by Russ Meyer. Written by Russ Meyer and Jack Moran.
- I'm of legal age for whiskey, voting and loving. Now the next election is two years away, and my love life ain't getting much better, so how about some of that one-hundred-percent!
- You really should be AM and FM. You one-band broads are a drag!
- Oh, you're cute... like a velvet glove cast in iron.
- Alright, you wash... now I'm gonna spin-a-dry you!
- We don't like anything soft. Everything we do is hard.
- I never try anything. I just do it. And I don't beat clocks, just people. Wanna try me?
- She is The Money!
- [to Rosie as she fumbles with a lighter] Easy baby, you're almost a fire hazard.
- [to Varla] You're a beautiful animal... and I'm weak, and I want you.
- Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to violence, the word and the act. While violence cloaks itself in a plethora of disguises, its favorite mantle still remains... sex. Violence devours all it touches, its voracious appetite rarely fulfilled. Yet violence doesn't only destroy, it creates and molds as well. Let's examine closely then this dangerously evil creation, this new breed encased and contained within the supple skin of woman. The softness is there, the unmistakable smell of female, the surface shiny and silken, the body yielding yet wanton. But a word of caution: handle with care and don't drop your guard. This rapacious new breed prowls both alone and in packs, operating at any level, any time, anywhere, and with anybody. Who are they? One might be your secretary, your doctor's receptionist... or a dancer in a go-go club!
The Old ManEdit
- You girls a bunch of nudists, or are you just short of clothes?
- Women! They let 'em vote, smoke and drive – even put 'em in pants! And what happens? A Democrat for president! A bunch of smoke up your chimney! Russian roulette on the highways! Can't even tell brother from sister, unless you meet 'em up close.
- Gas Station Attendant: [staring at Varla's chest as he pumps gas] Just passing through, huh? Boy, that motor's sure hot! You gals really must have been moving on these little machines. Yessir, the thrill of the open road. New places, new people, new sights of interest. Now that's what I believe in, seeing America first!
- Varla: You won't find it down there, Columbus!
- Kirk: You are a very sick girl!
- Varla: I was healthy enough a half hour ago or do people look different to you if they are not horizontal?
- Tommy: Been running some timing trials?
- Varla: We KNOW how fast WE can go. You can time that heap with an hour-glass.
- Linda: Someone mention my figure?
- Tommy: What's the point?
- Varla: The point is of no return, and you've reached it!
- The Old Man: Honey, you - uh - what you eat seems to settle in the right places. But then you look to me like a girl with a big appetite for everything.
- Varla: I try to think big!
- [From the climatic finale]:
- Linda: I killed her – like she was an animal! Like she was nothing!
- Kirk: She was nothing – nothing human!
About the movieEdit
- The best movie ever made, and possibly better than any movie that will ever be made.
- Go-Go For a Wild Ride With the ACTION GIRLS!
- Russ Meyer's ode to the violence in women
- Superwomen! Belted, buckled and booted!
- Tura Satana - Varla
- Haji - Rosie
- Lori Williams - Billie
- Susan Bernard - Linda
- Stuart Lancaster - the Old Man
- Paul Trinka - Kirk
- Dennis Busch - the Vegetable
- Ray Barlow - Tommy
- Mickey Foxx - the Gas Station Attendant
- John Furlong - the Narrator