1993 American drama film by Joel Schumacher
- [Before destroying merchandise in a Korean drug store] I'm rolling prices back to 1965! What do you think of that?
- [Bill Foster approaches the gang after they crashed] You missed. [Foster picks up the UZI and shoots the car] I missed too. [Foster threatens the gang member as he begs for his life. Foster shoots him in the ankle] You see, that's the concept. Take some shooting lessons, asshole.
- I know you stopped serving breakfast Rick, Sheila told me that you — Why am I calling you by your first names? I don't even know you. I still call my boss 'mister' even though I've been working with him for seven years, but all of a sudden I walk in here and I'm calling you Rick and Sheila like we're in some kind of AA meeting and I don't want to be your buddy, Rick. I just want a little breakfast.
- [to customer at Whammyburger] You enjoying your meal? [customer chokes food onto tray] Hey, I think we have a critic! I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.
- God bless the working stiff!
- Why have you put barbed wire on a fence? Is this how you rich people amuse yourselves? You put barbed wire on the fence so innocent people like me can hurt themselves looking in?
- I lost my job. Actually I didn't lose it. It lost me. I'm overeducated, underskilled—Maybe it's the other way around. I forget—but I'm obsolete. I'm not economically viable. I can't even support my own kid.
- I've passed the point of no return. You know when that is? That's the point in a journey where it's longer to go back to the beginning than it is to continue to the end. It's like when those astronauts got in trouble when they were going to the moon. Somebody messed up and they had to get them back to Earth but first they had to go around the moon. They were out of contact for hours. Everybody waited breathlessly to see if a bunch of dead guys in a can would pop out the other side. I'm on the other side of the moon now and everybody will have to wait until I pop out.
- Is that what this is about? You're angry because you got lied to? Is that why my chicken dinner is drying out in the oven? Hey, they lie to everybody. They lie to the fish! But that doesn't give you any special right to do what you did today.
- Nick: We're the same, you and me. We're the same. Don't you see?
- Bill Foster: We are not the same. I'm an American. You're a sick asshole.
- Nick: Just what kind of vigilante are you?
- Bill Foster: I am not a vigilante. I am just trying to get home to my little girl's birthday party, and if you all just stay out of my way, nobody will get hurt.
- Nick: Fuck you! Who the fuck are you? Are you fucking with me?
- Bill Foster: I am just disagreeing with you! In America, we have the freedom of speech, the right to disagree!
- Nick: Fuck you and your freedom!
- Bill Foster: What kind of doctor lives here?
- Man: Plastic surgeon.
- Bill Foster: Plastic surgery bought this? Guess I'm in the wrong racket. Are there correspondence courses in plastic surgery?
- Sergeant Prendergast: Let's meet a couple of police officers. They're all good guys.
- Bill Foster: I'm the bad guy?
- Prendergast: Yeah.
- Bill Foster: How did that happen? I did everything they told me to.
- A Tale Of Urban Reality.
- The adventures of an ordinary man at war with the everyday world.
- Michael Douglas - William Foster
- Robert Duvall - Sgt. Martin Prendergast
- Barbara Hershey - Beth Trevino
- Rachel Ticotin - Det. Sandra Torres
- Tuesday Weld - Amanda Prendergast
- Frederic Forrest - Nick
- Lois Smith - Foster's mother
- Joey Hope Singer - Adele Foster-Trevino
- Michael Paul Chan - Mr. Lee
- Raymond J. Barry - Capt. William Yardley
- D. W. Moffett - Det. Lydecker
- Steve Park - Detective Brian
- Karina Arroyave - Angie
- Brent Hinkley - Rick
- Dedee Pfeiffer - Sheila Folsom