Ezra Taft Benson
Ezra Taft Benson (August 4, 1899 – May 30, 1994) was an American farmer and religious leader, serving as United States Secretary of Agriculture during both presidential terms of Dwight D. Eisenhower and as thirteenth president of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) from 1985 until his death.
- The Lord works from the inside out.
- The world works from the outside in.
- The world would take people out of the slums.
- Christ takes the slums out of people,
- and then they take themselves out of the slums.
- The world would mold men by changing their environment.
- Christ changes men, who then change their environment.
- The world would shape human behavior,
- but Christ can change human nature.
- Born of God, October 1985 []