Everybody Wants Some!! (film)
2016 film by Richard Linklater
- Directed and written by Richard Linklater.
- Have you noticed whenever we're around baseball all we talk about is pussy. Now, we're actually around a few potentially interesting young women, all you talk about is baseball. It's a little fucked up!
- That just went from cute to restraining order.
- Everything around here is a competition. You get a bunch of competitors together and you are addicted to winning.
- This is college Jake. You bring what you are, never be what they want you to be. And that my friend is when it gets fun.
- We came for a good time, not for a long time.
- Don't be afraid to let the experience find you.
- Things only mean as much as the meaningfulness that we allow them to have.
- [about practice] Voluntary means mandatory.
- Dale Douglas: This ain't high school, man. This is a new level. You have not earned teammate status yet...And until you do, you're nobody.
- Jay: I'm too fuckin' philosophical for this shit!
- Roper: Look at what we have here! Hey, ladies! Party later tonight at the baseball houses.
- Bev's Friend: You should be investing this energy elsewhere.
- Roper and Finn: [together] Lesbians.
- Beverly: I like the quiet guy in the back seat.
- Roper: Whoop, there's nothing here.
- Jake: I can see how that would be threatening, new guy coming in getting all the ladies... That was a joke.
- Plummer: I've got your joke right here.
- Finn: Did he just call it a joke?
- Dale: That's what he implied.
- Roper: We have a little tradition welcoming the new guys.
- Everyone: [to the freshman, taped up onto a wall] Freshman batting practice!
- Plummer: Welcome to the big time, boys.
- Willoughby: [while smoking pot] It's about finding out who you are. You gotta tune in, man. You guys want to try a little telepathic stuff?
- Dale: Let's do it.
- Willoughby: Okay, what am I thinking about?
- Dale: Baseball
- Plummer: Having a tail.
- Jake: Cereal.
- Willoughby: I was thinking about sharks.
- Plummer: Sharks have tails.
- Willoughby: Good point, that's a good point.
- Coma: I wish I had a tail. That'd be awesome.
- Jake: I'm starting to have an identity crisis. We danced out of disco, danced to Cotton-Eyed Joe in kicker attire, here we are, punks for a night.
- Willoughby: You gotta fucking embrace your inner strange, man. Just be fucking weird, you know?
- Beverly: How did you know what room I was in?
- Jake: I'm an investigative journalism major.
- Beverly: So, I guess you know my name then.
- Jake: Yes, as soon as you tell me.
- Finnegan: It's all so damn tribal. That's the pack mentality, all the adrenaline.
- Jake: Does that mean you're not going?
- Finnegan: I didn't say that.
- Beverly: It's kind of beautiful, isn't it?
- Jake: What?
- Beverly: That we get to feel passion in this world, you know about anything.
- Jake: The gods intend Sisyphus to suffer, right?
- [Beverly nods]
- Jake: Well, my point was that they'd actually blessed him with something to focus on, something that he could potentially find meaning in. It's a gift to be striving at all, even if it looks futile to others. I mean, yeah, it's ridiculous to roll a boulder up a mountain over and over and over again, but so is everything else in life.
- Here for a Good Time Not a Long Time
- From Writer/Director Richard Linklater Comes The Spiritual Sequel To Dazed and Confused
- Blake Jenner - Jake Bradford
- Zoey Deutch - Beverly
- Glen Powell - Finnegan "Finn"
- Ryan Guzman - Kenny Roper
- Tyler Hoechlin - Glen McReynolds
- Wyatt Russell - Charlie Willoughby
- Temple Baker - Tyrone Plummer
- J. Quinton Johnson - Dale Douglas
- Will Brittain - Billy "Beuter" Autrey
- Juston Street - Jay Niles
- Forrest Vickery - Coma
- Tanner Kalina - Alex Brumley
- Austin Amelio - Nesbit
- Michael Monsour - Justin
- Jonathan Breck - Coach Gordan
- Dora Madison Burge - Val