Everybody Wants Some!! (film)
2016 film by Richard Linklater
- Directed and written by Richard Linklater.
Here for a Good Time Not a Long Time (taglines)
- Have you noticed whenever we're around baseball all we talk about is pussy. Now, we're actually around a few potentially interesting young women, all you talk about is baseball. It's a little fucked up!
- That just went from cute to restraining order.
- Everything around here is a competition. You get a bunch of competitors together and you are addicted to winning.
- The trick is, you can’t fight it.You gotta accept it. You gotta fucking embrace your inner fucking strange, man.Just be fucking weird, you know? And when you do that, you bring who you are, never who they want.And that, my friend, is when it gets fun.
- We came for a good time, not for a long time.
- Don't be afraid to let the experience find you.
- Things only mean as much as the meaningfulness that we allow them to have.
- [about practice] Voluntary means mandatory.
- Dale Douglas: This ain't high school, man. This is a new level. You have not earned teammate status yet...And until you do, you're nobody.
- Jay: I'm too fuckin' philosophical for this shit!
- Roper: Look at what we have here! Hey, ladies! Party later tonight at the baseball houses.
- Bev's Friend: You should be investing this energy elsewhere.
- Roper and Finn: [together] Lesbians.
- Beverly: I like the quiet guy in the back seat.
- Roper: Whoop, there's nothing here.
- Jake: I can see how that would be threatening, new guy coming in getting all the ladies... That was a joke.
- Plummer: I've got your joke right here.
- Finn: Did he just call his dick a joke?
- Dale: That's what he implied.
- Roper: We have a little tradition welcoming the new guys.
- Everyone: [to the freshman, taped up onto a wall] Freshman batting practice!
- Plummer: Welcome to the big time, boys.
- Willoughby: [while smoking pot] It's about finding out who you are. You gotta tune in, man. You guys want to try a little telepathic stuff?
- Dale: Let's do it.
- Willoughby: Okay, what am I thinking about?
- Dale: Baseball
- Plummer: Having a tail.
- Jake: Cereal.
- Willoughby: I was thinking about sharks.
- Plummer: Sharks have tails.
- Willoughby: Good point, that's a good point.
- Coma: I wish I had a tail. That'd be awesome.
- Jake: I'm starting to have an identity crisis. We danced out of disco, danced to Cotton-Eyed Joe in shitkicker attire, here we are, punks for a night.
- Willoughby: You gotta fucking embrace your inner strange, man. Just be fucking weird, you know?
- Beverly: How did you know what room I was in?
- Jake: I'm an investigative journalism major.
- Beverly: So, I guess you know my name then.
- Jake: Yes, as soon as you tell me.
- Finnegan: It's all so damn tribal. That's the pack mentality, all the adrenaline.
- Jake: Does that mean you're not going?
- Finnegan: I didn't say that.
- Beverly: It's kind of beautiful, isn't it?
- Jake: What?
- Beverly: That we get to feel passion in this world, you know about anything.
- Jake: The gods intend Sisyphus to suffer, right?
- [Beverly nods]
- Jake: Well, my point was that they'd actually blessed him with something to focus on, something that he could potentially find meaning in. It's a gift to be striving at all, even if it looks futile to others. I mean, yeah, it's ridiculous to roll a boulder up a mountain over and over and over again, but so is everything else in life.
- Here for a Good Time Not a Long Time
- From Writer/Director Richard Linklater Comes The Spiritual Sequel To Dazed and Confused
- Blake Jenner - Jake Bradford
- Zoey Deutch - Beverly
- Glen Powell - Finnegan "Finn"
- Ryan Guzman - Kenny Roper
- Tyler Hoechlin - Glen McReynolds
- Wyatt Russell - Charlie Willoughby
- Temple Baker - Tyrone Plummer
- J. Quinton Johnson - Dale Douglas
- Will Brittain - Billy "Beuter" Autrey
- Juston Street - Jay Niles
- Forrest Vickery - Coma
- Tanner Kalina - Alex Brumley
- Austin Amelio - Nesbit
- Michael Monsour - Justin
- Jonathan Breck - Coach Gordan
- Dora Madison Burge - Val